Meaningful Object Post

Unedited:

Edited: 
1. For this project, I chose a mini figurine of Stitch from Lilo and Stitch. For my third birthday party, I had a Lilo and Stitch themed party, and this toy of Stitch was atop my cake. I was obsessed with Lilo and Stitch for majority of my life, and I felt like I related to the movie characters a lot. 

2. The compositional elements that I chose was viewpoint, texture, cropping and rule of thirds. I used these three elements to give my photo more definition. Since the object was small, used viewpoint to show face to face perspective of Stitch. I used some water and the rocks in the background to add texture to the photo. I cropped a little bit of the white splotch in the bottom right hand corner, that wasn't filled with water. I also used rule of thirds to center my photo around the Stitch figurine. 

3. I am not sure if I was translating my thoughts through this photo. It is clear that my special object is Stitch, but the love that I attempted to show in the photo did was not really portrayed. The aspects that lead me to this conclusion is the layers between the foreground, rocks, and background, as well as the water. I think that if I placed the figurine in a different position with a different background, then it would of looked better. 

4. Things I would have changed for this photo would be the light source. Until I edited the photo in Lightroom, I did not notice how originally exposed the photo was. It was also hard to edit the photo without making it look edited or unedited. I also think that I could of placed Stitch in a different area. 

Comments